Monday, August 2, 2010

Date Night Memphis Getaway 8-1-10

Every few months or so, Shane & I try to get away for an overnight date night.  The last couple times we've gone to Fayetteville, but this time we went to Memphis.  Chloe & I went to Ft. Smith on Friday to watch Noah's Band Camp Concert.  We were late to the show but got to watch the video.  Noah's band did AWESOME!  On Saturday, I headed back to LR for work, and Chloe stayed with my Mom & Bob.  On Sunday, Shane & I headed to Memphis & Chloe stayed with the Shankle's.  This was the first time I was away from Chloe for 2 nights.  I had a great time, but it was tough!


Shane & I stayed at the The Inn at Hunt Phelan
Click on the link for more details.

We had a delicious brunch at Restaurant Iris
The Chef, Kelly English, was named one of Food & Wine magazine's Best New Chefs of 2009.

Shane was embarrassed by me taking pictures, so I only got photos of our appetizer.  Shane had the Short Rib Raviolo (single ravioli) with mushrooms & vegetables.

I had the Sweet Corn Griddlecakes with Fresh Crab.

After brunch and a rest at the hotel, we made our way downtown.  

First Stop was Pearl's Oyster House.  They have the BEST chargrilled oysters with a chipotle butter sauce & Parmesan cheese.

It was well worth the walk in the 100 degree heat!

Our last destination found us at Rum Boogie Cafe where guitars played by famous musicians hang from the ceiling.  

Memphis - Home of the Blues & Birthplace of Rock & Roll!
The Blake Ryan band rocked some blues last night!